I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Guns, Noise, and Jesus.

So, its been awhile since I blogged. I think I took a hiatus, unintentionally, of course, but a hiatus none the less. I needed some time to think... I guess. Either that or I forgot to blog, most likely the later.

I don't know if you've ever shot a gun, but its loud. There is absolutely no way to completely stiffle the noise. Of course, you can wear ear muffs - those crazy looking things that make you look like Mikey or Minny Mouse. Or, you can wear the ear plugs - the ones you must stuff into your ear hole and hope they don't fall out at an in-opertune time. There is still the sound, of course... its just a little quieter. And, yes, with those really loud guns, you still have the jump or flinch that occurs. Or, you could silence the weapon with a supressor. Of course, even then, you hear the gun breaking the sound barrier - a slight noise, but a noise non the less. Either way, there is still a noise. There is no way to have a completely silence a gun. Its inevidable - pull the trigger and noise will come.

So, my question is - why can't our faith be more like a gun? Let me explain. You can't silence a gun. No silence - always noise. So, why can't we as Christians boast an inability to silence. Why can't we boldly proclaim the faith, whether through words, our lives, our actions, or ourselves... to the point where no attempt to stiffle our sound can tun us out?!?!

In Romans 1:16, Paul boldly proclaims he is "not ashamed of the Gospel." He is not ashamed to shout God's glory from the rooftops - so, why are we? In Philiipians 1: 26-27a, we learn that, even when we don't share God's word audibly, we need to share God's word with those around us through our lives. Our "joy in Christ Jesus will overflow" into our lives so that "whatever happens, [we] conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." We need to be like the gun - in which we are constantly proclaiming God's word... to the point where we cannot be tuned out.

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment