I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

TEST - Are you Ready?

In my math class today, we have a test. I would venture to say there are four types of students -

  • the students who know the material without a need to study
  • the students who studied - they accepted the material, they understand the material and they put it into practice.
  • the students who wait until the last minute (aka when the test starts) to start telling me what they don't understand
  • and the students who simply don't care or just don't know.
So, of course, I got to thinking. Aren't there four types of people in this world as well?
  • There are the folks who accept Jesus and live a so-so life neither striving to please Him nor striving to make Him mad.... they are just going with the flow,
  • There are the extreme Christians - those who love Jesus, accepted Jesus and strive to serve Him everyday, the Christians we should all strive to be. Those who are prepared for anything and are ready to serve the Lord.
  • There are the people who, at the end of there life, begin to make excuses... when its too late - what? I didn't know it was the end. What? I thought I had more time? What? You told me this already? Those with an opportunity to ask, to serve, to accept - an opportunity they wasted.
  • And, there are those who don't know or just don't care.
The question is - if there was a test - if Jesus came back - what category would you fall in?
In Matthew 22:44, we learn, to be ready. "So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." Don't wait to the last minute! Don't be someone who just doesn't care! Accept, study and prepare... for the end is near.





"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment