I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Asleep -

Have you ever done something you did not want to do? Or, maybe not done something you wanted to do? Like fall asleep during your devotional time or during church... or even during prayer time. You did not plan to fall asleep. Its not that you don't love God. Its not that God is not important or that you don't enjoy your devotional time. Its not that at all... for some, unexplainable reason - you drifted off only to find yourself awake moments later wondering if you offended God or if God really knows how important He is to you. You wonder why you cannot be there, truly be there, for the things you love. Why is it that we always let ourselves down, or let others down? Or, worse - why do we let God down?

You know, none of us are perfect. You may have been at the football game, paying close attention, but missed your son's play of the night because you went to the concession stand. Or, you may be deep in devotional thought when you begin thinking of your work schedule... leaving you to feel guilty for not focusing all your attention on God. Or, you may plan to call your best friend on his or her birthday... only to have the day slip by before you realize its gone. Does this make us bad people? No, I think it merely makes us human. Thankfully, God tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9 that although we are weak - He is strong. Although we can never do everything perfectly, He will help us in our times of need. In fact, the verse reads, "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." I don't think that this verse means we should proudly proclaim our weaknesses to the world. I think rather it means our weakness, whatever it may be, can help us grow stronger with the Lord. And, we need to boldly enter the throne room of God by proclaiming our weakness, our imperfections, and ask that HE help us to conquer these issues.


Unfortunately, I constantly find myself doing things I do not want to do. My intentions are good. But, according to the old adage, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." I need to realize, however, this life is not about me. Its not about what I thought, what I intended, or what I perceived. Its about others and mainly about God. And, if my good intentions and poor results have a chance to bring me closer to my Savior - I need to be on my knees begging for that chance. And, if I continually mess up - I can only do three things - say I'm sorry, beg for a fresh start, and pray God uses that instance to make me stronger in Him. After all, in the word, God promises He will.

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment