I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Friday, January 7, 2011

The Belly

So, several months ago, we were excited and surprised to discover a little Albertson blessing was coming our way! Yes, I am expecting a precious little boy on May 3.

Much to the surprise of my students, there was little outward indication of my pregnancy up until about a month ago. Sure, I was pregnant. Sure, the baby was there and growing... but my abdomen was not (well, not enough to really see). Then, once I officially starting showing, I could hear the chatter in my classroom - "wow... she really is pregnant. I can see it now."

This little conversation sparked an interesting thought in my mind. How often do we label ourselves as Christians yet provide little or no outward indication of our growing faith? Sure, we know we are saved and Jesus is alive and thriving on the inside, but can the outward world view our Christianity just by glimpsing in our direction? Or, do they really have to know us to know something is different? Or, worse - does the outward world need a verbal confirmation to know we are Christians... and yet, they continue to doubt because of the lacking physical signs.

In 1 Samuel 16:7, we learn that "People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." Thankfully - God looks at our insides.... but that doesn't provide us with an excuse to not start showing our Christianity. In Matthew 7:17-20, we learn that we should be able to determine a Christian by his or her fruit. A person who is continually seeking God's will for his or her life cannot help but let His will affect every aspect of both the inside and the outside! Is the inward transformation showing on the outside? Is it possible to know who you worship and who you love just by looking at you? Or, do you, need a little verbal confirmation?

I don't know about you, but I don't want there to be any question - just like my belly says 'I'm pregnant;' I want my life to say "I'm His!"

(Matthew 7:17-20) Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.


"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment