I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Monday, January 24, 2011

The Big Pink Eraser

The big pink eraser - Check Spelling

When I was in first grade, the school supply list asked for one big eraser. I always got the pink one. You know the one I am talking about. It was huge and could take away any mess regardless of how big. And, that eraser NEVER ran out. Regardless of how much I scrubbed, rubbed and erased, the thing never grew smaller. It was never ending... and unlike those silly pencil erasers, it never let me down.

Unfortunately, the pink eraser often did not get an opportunity to do its job. I let it get lost in my bag... I forgot it was there... I simply didn't use it. Instead, I relied on those silly small pencil erasers that left smudges and partially erased film. I forgot about the one thing that could eliminate all mistakes in one simple swoop - the big pink eraser.

How often do we forget about our one mistake eraser? How often do we choose to live with partially smudged paper and silly black film? How often do we allow the reminants of sin to remain in our lives? Instead, why don't we turn to God - the big eraser. In Isaiah 44:22, we read "I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.” God can erase all our sins... so why don't we let Him?

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment