I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do you Smell That?

Outside has a unique smell. I remember as a child, my brother and I would come in from playing outside and my mom would always exclaim, "Ugh - you smell like outside." I never truly knew what she meant until a few years ago. My husband, an avid outdoors-man, is permanently ingrained with this unique smell. I always know where he's been - he just simply smells like the outdoors.

If you think about it, a lot of things leave a lingering odor. If you work in a restaurant, you often leave smelling like food. There is no debating where you've been - your smell says it all. And, one hopes a trip to the shower leaves you smelling of soap - a clean smell which announces a bath.

Yes, your smell can indicate a lot about you - where you were, what you ate, even if you've bathed recently. We all exhibit various smells from time to time - from the pleasant ones to the stinky ones.

But, as a Christian, we are constantly called to have one smell above all smells. In 2 Corinthians 2:15, Paul writes, "for we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." Our job is simply to smell like Christ. People should know that we "have been with Jesus" (Referenced from Acts 4:13). Our quiet time should permeate our life. Our prayers should offer a sweet odor to those around us. And, people should simply know Jesus in our life, just by the smell.

Just like my mom could always tell when I'd been outside, our friends, family and even strangers should be able to tell when we've been with Jesus. So, do you smell that? How's your odor today?


"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment