I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Speak Now... Or Forever Hold Your Peace

For those of you who know me, you know I love to talk. According to my husband, I could talk to a brick wall. I will talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere about anything. And, to my detriment, I often do not know when to shut up. Talky, talky, talky... yes, I know, I need to learn to quiet, quiet, quiet - but its not always that easy. Unfortunately for me (and for those listening) I often don't discuss things that matter - I will talk about anything from paint colors to TV shows to happenings at school or crazy jokes I've heard. And, despite the annoyance I cause with my constant talking, I think God could use it for the good, if I just let go and let Him.

You see, in Acts 4, we learn about Peter and John. Modern day apostles, they were convinced of God's great gift. And, so, they talked - even proclaimed their inability to shut-up. In Acts 4:20, we hear them say, "we cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard." They were talkers and proud of it. For them, they used the gift of talking for God's glory and not for their own. Yes, they talky, talky, talkied..... ALL ABOUT GOD! Neither jail nor discomfort, neither peer pressure nor exhaustion could keep these men from sharing God's word.

Wouldn't it be great if we, both talkers and non-talkers alike, learned to communicate God's word effectively and passionately without holding back? Wouldn't it be great if we boldly proclaimed God's word from the roof-tops, from the front seat of our car, at our jobs and in line at the grocery store?!? Wouldn't it be great if we stopped talking about things of this world and started talking about the one thing that matters? And, wouldn't it be great if we let neither jail nor discomfort, neither peer pressure nor exhaustion keep us from sharing God's word?!?! I hope and I pray that I cannot stop speaking... about God and all He's done for me. And, I can, if I just shut up long enough for God to take control of my tongue.


"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment