I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Monday, August 16, 2010

Names -

So, as a teacher, I get the privilege and opportunity to learn around 150 new names each year - well, 138 to be exact. So, it is imperative for me to put the students in assigned seats, use their names continually, and require all names go on every paper. Sometimes, I even think of silly name games or mnemonic devices to help me remember the names. And, name plates are a must - so, if I walk past their desk and forget their name, there is a happy reminder on each desk. It takes me about 2-3 weeks to conquer every last name and first name. And, after much practice, I recognize every student in and outside of my classroom.


John 10:3 says, "He calls his own... by name..." Lucky for us, Jesus doesn't have to learn our names. He doesn't need alphabetical order, name plates, or tricky name games. He doesn't have to learn our first name, then our last name and pray he remembers both out in public - Jesus just knows us. In fact, Jesus not only knows our names, he knows everything about us. In fact, Luke 12:7 assures us God knows our names AND even the number of hairs on our head. Think about it - He knows our lives inside out. And, for a person who finds it difficult to even remember 5 names, I am thoroughly impressed.

I don't know about you, but I am thankful that God knows me. I don't have to go through the awkward introduction times, the worrying about whether he knows who is calling (or praying)... I know right off that God knows me. And, for that - I am thankful!



"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment