I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Thursday, August 19, 2010

WHATEVER!

I never understood why some people don't give life their all. Why is it that people give only 45% or 90% when they can certainly afford more? Why not put forth 100% effort and leave your job, your family, your evening, knowing that you simply could not do anymore.

My parents always told me to do my best. I remember as a child, my brother Joseph was not always the scholarly one. He came home one day with a failing grade. Instead of the anticipated reaction, my daddy sat Joseph down and simply asked, "did you do your best?" To which my brother boldly answered, "nope." You see it wasn't the grade that mattered to my folks - it was the effort behind it. It wasn't the A they desired, it was the motivation, the determination, and the drive to succeed that they hoped to instill in their children. For that, I am thankful.

If you know me (and my husband), you know we are go-getters. We strive to do the best we can whenever we can. And, if we commit to something, we are in it 450%, if that's possible. For us, it isn't about the A, its about the effort - and the effort better be the best!

In Colossians 3:17, it states, "whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." Then again, in Colossians 3:23 we learn, "whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." God commands our best. He asks us to do few things, but to do them well. Everywhere we go we are ambassadors for God. And, everything we do is a reflection of Him. So, if we half do our job, or act mediocre to our friends, we aren't presenting the best picture of our Lord. You've heard it before - CARPE DIEM - seize the day - seize the opportunity to show God your best. He doesn't require you to be the best, to win the gold, to maintain employee of the month status or win a best parent or best spouse award, He simply requires YOUR best. He wants all your motivation, all your dedication, all your dependability and all your work to be dedicated to Him. If for no other reason - do the best you can for God. After all, its reason enough.

And, if by chance you don't choose to do your best, be prepared to answer "nope" when Jesus asks you, "Did you, my dear child, do your best for me?"

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment