I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

TIRED

Do you ever have those days where you just want to rest?

You are tired... you don't really want to start anything new. The laundry can wait... dinner can wait... you are even too tired to turn on the TV because the remote is just out of reach... maybe someone will turn it on for you... if you look pathetic enough, OR maybe you'll just sit in the silence, after all - it takes less energy. You are tired... in fact, you are so tired you simply cannot sleep... TIRED.

I think everyone has these days -whether we are tired of work, tired of the routine, or just tired... we all get TIRED every now and then.

For those of you who are tired - these words are for you:

Isaiah 30:15 - This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength...

Jeremiah 6:16- This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls....

Psalm 37:7 - Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him...

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Why spend time and energy that you simply do not have worrying about what's to come, thinking about tomorrow... God has a plan and He will provide it for you. Take a second and REST. You are tired... and you need to REST in the LORD!



"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment