I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Have it Your Way...

Do you recall the Burger King commercial that stated, "Have it Your Way." You could, after all, create any burger combination you wanted and your burger would be as unique to you as your sense of style, your name, and your tastebuds. You had to consult with noone regarding this fantastic feast - it was all about you!

Well, here's some tough news - its never really all about you. And, its never all about me. The world tries to convince us otherwise, but we know better. Even the personalized Burger had its limitations - after all, Burger King didn't carry everything. Our personalized pizza is limited on toppings, our special Ipod playlist is limited by the tunes we purchase, and our favorite Saturday afternoon activity is limited by time, money, and availability.

We can trick ourselves all we want, but our way is really dependent upon everyone else's way. And, those all about me moments are really not all about us at all. Try as we might, its never about us.... at least life isn't designed to be about us.

In Matthew 5, Jesus tells us to Seek first the Kingdom of God. Not, to think about our schedule, our hopes, our desires, and then, perhaps, add God last. Jesus says God is first and all others are second. Its not about what we want. Its about what God wants. Its not about me - its about Him. He has the unlimited menu; He has the unlimited playlist; and He has the unlimited resources. I need to look to Him, not others and certainly not myself. And, once I make it all about Jesus - miraculously, I don't have to worry about me anymore.

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment