I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Monday, July 12, 2010

Diets and Attitudes

Attitude is the little thing that makes a big difference - Winston Churchill


If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it. - Mary Englebreit


Everyday may not be good, but there's something good in every day. - Author Unknown


Attitude - does it really make a difference? Well, sure. Think of a diet plan. Once I set up the parameters - no chocolate, no cake, no fried food, no chips, no fat, no sugar... until next year - the cravings begin. I never really want to eat poorly until I cannot. And, then, my negative attitude toward dieting helps me to fail.


Then, I think of the little engine that could.... his "I think I can; I think I can; I think I can..." helped him to climb a hill... the seemingly impossible. Yes, attitude can make a difference.


In Philippians 2:5, we learn about Christ's attitude -
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus
Who, being in very nature, God
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made Himself nothing
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness,
And, being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and being obedient to death -
even death on a cross!


Jesus' attitude allowed Him to go to the cross, to die for me and for you! Was this exactly what Jesus dreamed of? No! In fact, He looked for another way. But, upon realizing the only hope we had was for Him to die, Jesus accepted His fate with open arms. He openly and positively allowed Himself to go from King to servant... so I could live.


Attitude took Jesus to the cross. Attitude made a significant difference in His life and mine. Attitude - it is everything. It does make a difference.




"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment