I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Friday, July 23, 2010

Dog hair - will it ever end?

We have a lab - a beautiful, brown lab who brings joy (mud, and hair) to our lives on a daily basis. I wouldn't trade her for anything, but I've often wondered if she would be more enjoyable as a clean, hairless puppy. (In fact, I contemplated vacuuming her one time, but I think she could read my mind... and ran to hide). Despite my rantings - I love her just as she is, and its who she is that makes her wonderful - hair, dirt, and all. I mean, I'm her parent - its my privilege and my job to look after her.

Fact is - our dog lives inside, most of the time. She spends her days at the farm with her daddy (my husband), and whenever he's inside - she's inside. And, the moment she hits that front door, my clean house goes into dog and farmer mode - not clean, but livable. So, every day I find myslef sweeping, swiffering, or mopping up hair.... (and, although I wouldn't admit it - I don't really mind). She can't clean for herself... if she could, I know she would. But, since she is weak, it is my responsibility to be strong for her.

And, I wonder - is this how God feels about me?

I mean, I know God loves me. He's forgiven me, but really - He has to forgive me time and time again. I just keep messing up. I just keep bringing home the dirt. And, as a result, I am constantly asking, "wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin" (Psalm 51:2); "create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10). And, time and time again, he creates that pure heart and cleans up my sin. WHAT AN AMAZING GOD!! He washes me clean, creates a pure heart and never once complains. He loves me - hair, dirt, sin and all. And, He's my daddy - when a little dirt sneaks in, He helps me clean it up - I am helpless. He is the only one that can take that dirty life and make it spotless again. Since I am weak, He is strong!

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment