I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hurricane Disaster Kit

In case of a hurricane I will need:
  • water
  • food
  • blankets/pillows
  • clothing
  • first aid kit
  • toiletries (i.e. wipes)
  • flashlight AND batteries
  • weather radio
  • cash
  • keys
  • important documents (i.e. birth certificate, insurance, social security... all in a water proof container)
  • tools
  • vehicle tank full
  • And, so much more... in fact, there is an entire website devoted to disaster preparation, complete with tips, checklists, kit ideas and useful links - http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW2/english/prepare/family_plan.shtml. In case of a hurricane, I need this website!

Earlier today, we talked about being alert - the devil is on the prowl... seeking to devour us (1 Peter 5:8. And, so, I got to thinking. We need to be prepared! If we spend so much time, energy, money and effort preparing for a natural disaster which may or may not come our way - why not spend the same (or more) time, energy, money and effort preparing for an eternity which certainly comes our way.

How come we will check websites, phones, even TV stations about a natural disaster and we won't check the Bible for inspiration? How come we will send countless dollars to earthquake victims and we won't pay a tithe to the church? What is it that makes us so prepared for life's uncertainties... and so unprepared for life's certainty - death?

So, in light of these thoughts, I made another checklist -

Life's Eternity Kit -

  • Jesus - Check!

I think I am ready for anything!


Key verses for today -

Romans 3:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38 - "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future nor any powers, neither height or depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."



"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment