I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Saturday, July 31, 2010

Take it Slow... Be STILL

There is a sign in my half bath that reads, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10). I guess the bathroom is an appropriate place for it to hang. I mean, not much is going on when someone is resting in there. But, aside from the rest one receives while reading our sign, I cannot help but wonder - how often are we truly still?

You see, yesterday, my husband and I vowed to spend our Saturday doing nothing work related. He and I both planned to spend the day on hobbies - no yard-work, no cleaning, no laundry, no grocery shopping, no school work, no farm work, no bush-hogging... nothing but pure enjoyment. We actually had to plan to relax. And, trust me, at our house, planning to relax is a big deal. For once, we were still.

I don't know about you, but my life is busy. Between laundry, dinner, errands, graduate school, the yard, a job, and family - there is hardly enough time to relax. Sometimes, I am so tired that I barely make it to sleep; but then, of course, I lie awake thinking of all that needs to be accomplished the next day. I am lucky to have a few minutes of quiet reflection before the chaos begins again. Sometimes, I find myself thinking - I'm too busy to spend time with God. But, honestly, shouldn't it be the opposite - I am too busy NOT to spend time with God.

Amidst the chaos, amidst the noise, in between the errands, the questions, the yard-work, and the laundry - I must make time for God. And, to be honest, I actually must plan to spend time with God! I must plan to be still and know that God is God. Without the stillness, the chaos will overtake my life. Without the quiet, I will not hear God's voice through the noise.

There is nothing wrong with planning time for God. But, there is everything wrong when we only plan time without Him. So, take out your calendar and mark it down - Time to take it slow - its time to BE STILL. Its time to know that God is God.

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment