I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hungry

The Psalmist cries out, "I say to God my Rock, why have you forgotten me?...." (Psalm 42:9)


I think we all reach a point of longing, whether we long for fame, fortune, a new car, a new house, a new job... a new life, whatever it may be... we long. We are apprehensive, anxious, wondering "is there more to life than this?" We wake up longing.... longing for something.... not knowing exactly what it is that will fill our thirsty souls. But, we do know one thing - we need it. And, we need it now.

We spend hours, days, even years searching for that.... that thing, whatever it is. We spend countless dollars looking... and yet, at the end of the day - we are still longing... longing for the next car, the next house, the next job... whatever....

Even as a Christian, there are days when I think - "is this it? really? but, there's got to be more..." Even as a Child of God, there are days when I feel empty.

Is is wrong? I don't think so. Sometimes I just feel forgotten.

But, deep in my core, I know I am remembered. On days of forgottenness - days of longing - I put my hope in One that proved over and over and over again that He is faithful. The God who once filled me continues to fill my soul. And, I put my faith in the Rock that I stood firmly upon many times before. On days when I am downcast, lonely, and in need of something... I seek my God.

And, on those days... I cannot help but sing aloud a faithful praise and worship song - (Check it out on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xFkXgthZLU)

Hungry, I come to you for I know you satisfy
I am empty, but I know your love does not run dry...
So, I wait for You. I wait for You.
I'm falling on my knees... offering all of me.
Jesus, you're all this heart is living for.


When you are hungry - to whom do you run? When you are empty - for what do you long?



"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment