I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weeds

Weeds stink. A little over a year ago, we decided to build a house. So, naturally, we pick a quaint, quiet spot amongst lots of woods... cut some trees and build. Then, we lay sod. Then, the weeds. And, more weeds... and more weeds. There are even weeds I've never seen before encroaching upon my lawn. There are weeds in our woods, weeds in my flower bed, even an occasional weed in the door of my car.


Earlier this summer, I had a fantastic idea. I, being of vacationing, crazy mind, decided to pull every weed in my front yard. Well, 5 gallon buckets later, I quit and allowed weeds to overtake my lawn. Its exhausting. If you have a yard, you know. Weeds are everywhere. You can weed and feed; you can use preemergence stuff, you can even pull weeds and they just come back somewhere else. But, as sure as you quit working, they overtake your lawn, choke out your grass, and you go from nice lawn with few weeds to where's the lawn? Oh, was there a lawn under those weeds?


So, I bet by now, you can tell where I'm headed. Sin is a weed. It comes in various shapes, forms, fashions, and even sometimes looks pretty with flowers. You may recognize some sin and others sneak by you - is that a shrub or a weed, I can't tell? Is this sin or not.... I don't know. According to Hebrews 12:1, sin easily entangles us. Its sneaky, and we before we know it we are caught... and its overtaking our lives. And, sadly enough - we often know what is right, but choose sin. In Romans 1:21, it states, "for although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened." When does the sin become like the weed and overtake our life? Well, when we stop dwelling in, focusing on, and living out God's word. When we know God and choose to ignore Him, we "exchange the truth of God for a life, and worship and serve created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen." (Romans 1:25).


So, what can we do? Live it out! Do what is right. Spend time in the word and nip that sin before it can grow. Weed and feed your life! (Take out the sin and replace it with God's word.) Ask God to reveal our sin and correct our lives. And, beware if we don't do what God desires, sin will master us (Gen. 4:7). And, then, people will be asking, Where's Jesus? Is there Jesus under all that sin?" Was there ever Jesus at all?







Genesis 4:7b tells us, "But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."





"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady, can you please tell me how you got the bar at the bottom of each post where you can share your blog posts via twitter, facebook, etc? I have been looking to add that to mine, and I can't figure out how to do it! Thanks! Hope you are having a great weekend! Love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete