I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Monday, July 19, 2010

Without WiFi, What Can I do?

The internet - who would've known it would make a lasting impact on my life? I mean, really. I just spent an entire weekend at the lake with NO, and I repeat NO internet access (hence why there are no blog posts). Man, I wasn't prepared for that. You see, I packed my computer. I just knew I could blog, check my e-mail, access my research, etc. And, without the internet - I just feel lost, disconnected from the world around me, unable to communicate.

Flashback - I am traveling down highway 19 headed to the walmart (remember now, the walmart is at least 30 miles away). I am 15 miles into my trip and I realize, my cell phone is gone! So, I seriously contemplated returning home... I mean, seriously?!?! Because without my cell phone - I just feel lost, disconnected from the world around me, unable to communicate.

But, the truth is, as much as it pains me to admit - I don't NEED the internet and I don't NEED my cell phone. Without them, I am not lost; I am not disconnected from the world around me and I certainly am not unable to communicate.

You see, as people we are often convinced we need certain devices to communicate with others. Or, maybe we need a certain level of "goodness" to communicate with God. There are days when I feel lost, disconnected from the world around me and unable to communicate with God. I feel like my prayers are simply bouncing back - like I lost my connection or my wifi went down. But, the truth is - there is no magic device or connection that helps us communicate with God. All we need is a willing and open heart. In Jeremiah 33:3, God tells us "call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Note what it does NOT say -
It does not say - call to me when you've been attending church.
It does not say - call to me when you are feeling great about your relationship with God.
It does not say - don't bother calling if you've sinned.
It does not say - hey - call, but I may or may not answer.

It does say - call! And, then, it says - I WILL ANSWER! I don't need a cell phone and I don't need the internet - I need to call upon God. There will be no connection issues. There will be no disconnections or "can you hear me?" moments. He is already there waiting on my call. He already found me. He connects me to the world around me. He is the only one with whom I absolutely need to communicate.

So, why don't I just call? I mean, who doesn't want to hear a secret? (He does promise to tell me one.)

"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment