I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thirsty -

I must admit - I am not an athlete, but something inside of me feels the need to run.

I am getting ahead of myself.... I should probably start from the beginning...
As a non-athlete, out of shape, busy woman, I struggle to exercise everyday. There is, of course, a need to be healthy, the desire to fit into my jeans, and the hope of feeling less guilty for eating that extra biscuit or piece of chocolate cake. So, sometimes I crawl, sometimes I walk - the fifteen feet upstairs to get on my elliptical machine and there I struggle to complete one hour of the fatburn workout. Its torture, its hot, and I get really thirsty. Embarrassingly enough there are days when, half way through, I have to stop, get off, and get a glass of water. There is something about diligent work and sweat that makes me really thirsty. And, after my hour is up, even with my lack of energy, I run to the sink. After all, exercise makes me thirsty.

In God's word, Isaiah asks "all you who are thirsty" to come, to "come to the waters." And, I am thirsty. I think David put it best in Psalm 42 when he wrote, "as the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God." How can I not be thirsty? After one day in my life, I need a refreshment. After cooking, cleaning, organizing, working, and everything else... I am thirsty. Just like my hour workout leaves me seeking more, so my life leaves me seeking more. My thirst must be quenched... and its my choice how I quench it. Do I choose God? Do I run to Him? So, the question isn't - do you need a drink?
The question is - how do you quench your thirst? To whom or what do you run when you are thirsty?


"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment