I am not a writer; quite honestly, I tend to ramble BUT...



In Hebrews 3:13, it states, "but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."



So, I am answering God's call and sharing my thoughts and my passion. I love Jesus with all my heart and I want the world to know why.



Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Yellow Lab

My precious dog Olive has a friend visiting - and this yellow labrador simply will not leave me alone. She follows me everywhere... I mean, even into the shower.

All day she looks at me with those sweet puppy eyes; she relies on me for water, food, a potty breaks... and she barely even knows me. She just knows I am her current caretaker and she is sticking by me through it all.

Then, there is Olive. She knows I am here. She knows the water bowl will be full and all her needs are taken care of - she's been there, done that... and doesn't need to follow me around to know that all will be taken care of.

Both girls remind me of myself... and both illustrate a unique aspect of the Christian life.

There are times when I cling to the word of God - I follow His every word, hang on His voice... trodding only one step behind as God unfolds His vast plan before me. There are times when I need to see God, feel God - just as the visiting labrador needs me. There are times when I must see God to have complete faith in Him.

There are other times when I trust God, but I am not trodding one step behind. I am living life, checking in with God. He is taking care of me, even though I cannot always see Him or feel Him - I know He is there. I, like Olive, trust my caretaker even when He is not visible.


But, in both cases - there is a caretaker that provides for my needs. For without Him, I do not eat; I do not drink... and there are no potty breaks. Regardless of my feelings or place in life, God is always there right when I need Him.



"Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters..." Isaiah 55:1

No comments:

Post a Comment